Forums

Forum Home > Open Discussion > Which books are inspired and authoritative, and why?

Gwendolyn

( Rev 22:18-19) warns anyone who seeks to add or take away from Scripture. Only the Bible is inspired and authorative, only the Bible is the word of God( 2 Tim 3:16). Jesus did not quote from any other so called inspired work other than Scripture and He did not tell us to look elsewhere outside of His inspired word. The bible is complete, there are no lost books, God would not allow any of His word to be lost ( Mat 5:18 ) and people take a signigficant chance and get all turned around when they look to uninspired scripture to guide them.

July 10, 2015 at 1:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jango Jalamanta

If one reads the story of King Josiah, in 2 Kings 22-23, and 2 Chronicles 34-35, it is found that there can easily be books not had in 'canon' and also other books so considered.  If it happened then, why not also now?  

At the same time, I myself don't believe in replacing a real relationship with my Creator with any book nor collection thereof.

November 23, 2015 at 12:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Truth_recon

I believe that Yahushua quoted from the Torah, and Tanakh. Also that early believers successfully saved sacred texts such as Enoch, Jasher and many more from destruction by Ha Satan's henchmen, such as Constantine. These were not included in the 66 vatican approved texts for reasons. However they are being revealed today, for those with "eyes to see." I am very suspect of the church's tooling of the letters of Paul, for nefarious purposes. Coming from the christian church recognized early on they focused on Paul over Yahua and Yahushua. Reading Jasher and Enoch improves my understanding. I also believe that Yahushua wrote more than is revealed. Hence my interest in the Gospel of Thomas. Always praying to Yah for guidance, and humble to adjust my thinking when the Ruach reveals more light.

--

December 27, 2015 at 3:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Fisher4Jesus777

the Book Jeremiah even though he got beat up he wanted to do Gods work

--

the picture you see is me , my sister and her  daughter

December 27, 2015 at 7:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tish the Fish

when determining anything found in the bible we must remember that it cannot mean today what it could not have meant in its original context. 

let us examine 2 Timothy 3:16

"16All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, 17that the man of Godb may be complete, equipped for every good work." (ESV) 

when this passage was written the New Testament had not been compiled therefore this passage does not referrr to the New Testament at all. that leaves us with the Old Testament. The Torah the Prophets and The writings are all inspired and authoritative.

December 29, 2015 at 5:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Chayil Abigail

YAHUSEPH at November 15, 2014 at 5:48 AM

Is there any proof that the protestant canon is the same as the earliest canon used by believers? I'd say no. While its true that protestant historically inherited their canon from catholics (the catholics of course later added about 14 apocrypha books to their canon) but not all the ancient churches accepted the catholic canon to begin with. The canon of the ethiopic church included all the apocrypha of the tanakh as well as the books of Enoch and Jubilees and in addition to these several other books of apostolic origin like the didascalia (apostolic constitutions), and the epistles of Clement. So really affirming the common canon, is not necessarily based on the testimony of the catholic church as custodians of it, since other ancient churches also affirm the canon, I'd say the ethiopic church is more reliable than the roman

Hmmmmmmm "proof"...that's an interesting word.

Science can't  prove anything. Theories can be disproven with one line of evidence, and supported with thousands of examples of evidence, but never quite proven.

Science is the process of finding answers to questions about the world around--and in us.

Torah is not science, however, the human element is very similar.

Aside from The Father settling the argument, will man ever be able to definitely "prove" which books should be canon?

Some arguments seem circular to me, and this is one.

I am currently content to consider the 66 books, Yah Breathed, and also use supporting books--Jasher and Enoch are two of my favorites--when they fill in the blanks in the "missing pieces" (not that anything is missing in The Word, only in our understanding).

February 15, 2016 at 5:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jannie Kuhn
Administrator

Here Are some facts to consider:

https://goo.gl/ZKcnSl

--

Talk Soon,

Your friendly :)admin:

Brother Jan-Willem Kuhn

July 27, 2017 at 9:24 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.